Saturday, November 15, 2008

Were do they get it???



Ok the Picture has nothing to do with this blog other then the subject. But I wanted to post a cute picture of Kyra. So my question is one that I'm sure we have all had. Where do kids come up with some of the things they say? And while we all enjoy hearing what they come up with we all have to question this. Its one of the major mysteries of the world.

Ok now for the story that has me once again asking this cosmic question. Kyra was taking her bath tonight and for whatever reason Justin let her play first. It really isn't a big deal if she plays before or after getting washed as long as it gets done. Well Kyra decided to let her water out when she felt that she was done and started to get out. I stopped her and got her back in and then turned to get the soap off the counter. Explaining to her that she needed to wash her body so that she could smell good. She looked at me with the little wheels turning in her head and then stuck her nose under the running water. At first I though she was just getting a drink but no. She quickly stood back up,and with a smile informed me that the water smelled good and that she would just use that, she didn't need the soap. I have to admit I couldn't hide my smile at this and told her again that she needed to use the soap to wash and smell good. And so she told me that she didn't because the water smelled like flowers and flowers smell the best of all. Well after a little back and forth I finally pulled the mom card letting her know that we would be using soap and let her use the little White luffa from the bath salts from fab Friday (thanks again for doing those as one of the crafts ladies) And that seemed to make the idea of soap a better deal.

And so now as she is sleeping soundly and I have a moment. I am left to ponder again those great questions and think again that today's youth are much smarter then we were. Or maybe its just that our moms didn't have blogs to sit at and write down all the crazy things we came up with. But I'm glad I do, after all she will never believe it when she is a mom herself.

4 comments:

Terina said...

She is too cute!!

Kate said...

Love the blog! Especially the picture at the top. SO sweet! That's so funny! Dalon does the same thing to me - not the soap part - but deciding for himself what is best for him and insists it's going to be that way. It's funny. Anyway, I love the things kids say. Dalon makes me laugh everyday with things he says. I guess that's why they made an entire tv series out of the "funny things kids say". :)

Kate said...

Tomorrow (Monday) is your 27th birthday, right?? Happy Birthday!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for your comment. Very sweet of you. ANd yes to toilet paper to spare.