This is an old blog posted to another site but I enjoyed writing it and I think its funny.So I hope that you enjoy it. Ember is no longer on breathing treatments, though I still get scared with every cough and sniffle. And Kyra is getting more mommy time because we are trying potty training again. So Enjoy the Blog.
Ok you might remember the commercials from our youth of the mom running around crazy and calling on Calgone to take her away to a magical meadow were she can just be, with the flowers in the air and some hot guy playing some soothing music in the background. And im sure that like me, most of you would laugh at the idea and then laugh harder when you found said bath salts in your mothers bathroom. Ready to take her away and you wondered if she new there wasn't going to be a meadow and a hot guy playing music.
Ok Im sure you enjoyed the trip down memory lane to one of the dumbest commercials in history but there was a reason behind the walk. Last night I found myself wanting to scream for Calgone, heck anyone, To take me away. As you all know the girls have both been sick and since my last blog we have been to the doctors twice more with Ember and she is now doing breathing treatments for the RSV. But we are making it work, and I'm getting pretty good at knowing how to work the hour leeway in the every 4 to 5 hours for the breathing treatment so the times work for me to still get stuff done. And so that means even less sleep then I was getting when she was first born seeing as you can kinda sleep feed when its just breast feeding or maybe that was just me, but having to worry about her breathing means that I have to be wide awake to measure out the correct amount of medication and then sit and hold the mask to her face (she's still to little for it to fit on her head) and then once that is done, feed her to get the nasty taste out of her mouth, this sometimes means taking the 20 minutes of the treatment with a screaming baby because she thinks she is hungry but hey that means its just getting down into her lungs more.
On top of taking care of Ember I have Kyra who is starting to feel like mommy loves Ember more. Its understandable since I have to take at least 20 minutes every four hours that is all about Ember and so I'm having to schedule time for my little monkey and mommy to hang out and play just the two of us. In fact while I am typing this blog we are playing basketball with one of my balls of yarn, that's right mom has to multi task. Now I know you are thinking "Well what about this great husband you are always saying you have?" Don't worry Justin is being great the problem is he works so I can stay home, so he is the only income, and so he needs to be able to get some sleep. So he is sleeping or at work for all but one or two breathing treatments that he will do if I remember to ask him. And so after cooking dinner and cleaning the kitchen and dealing with a 15 year old who was in a mood and Kyra not listening to anything and Ember having an upset tummy, I was already kind of done last night. And so after getting everyone sat down and fed I came up stairs to spend time with my family.
Now I will admit that I do not live in a movie and I do have to pee like all normal people, And so I went into the bathroom closing all the doors behind me (there are two) thinking that would be enough because Justin was giving Ember her breathing treatment and Paul was on the phone that had been handed off to Kyra to talk to uncle Paul. (I would like to take this time to say sorry to Paul I know talking to a chatty 2 year old can be an… interesting experience. ) But the chance to pee alone was not in the cards as Kyra kept walking in and out of the bathroom caring the phone every were and thus Paul all over the upstairs stopping every once in a while to tell Paul he wasn't talking and asked if he was still there before continuing to chatter.
So once I was done I got up and locking the door from our bed room into the bathroom, lucky for me she hasn't noticed that she can unlock it and still get to mom since we thought it more important to be able to lock people out of our bedroom from both doors rather then be locked in the bathroom. And then opened the door to the living room and proclaimed to Justin that Ember was fed and he had the girls because I was on strike! And so I went back into the bathroom locking the door behind me so Kyra couldn't get to me, and starting the hot water filling the tub for a relaxing bath complete with bath salts. Now I knew when I put them in there would be no soft music (because I hadn't turned any on)And no hot guy just standing in the background (Justin was taking care of the girls and any of those model types I would have kicked out anyway this was me time after all) There would only be me a good book and the relaxing scents of the bath salts in the air and so I settled in with the people in my book to relax, finally knowing as a mom just why it was that the crazy moms in the commercials, And my own mother needed Calgone to take them away.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't that the truth. Before Sadie was born I took a bath every night to relax while Eric got the kids ready for bed. Now I am wondering how I have let that practice slide. I may need to reinstate it. You are a great writer, Kalena.
Post a Comment