Ok one of my awsome friends in Az was asking how I make my scrubbies and since she is on a personal mission to save those green backs im doing a blog on how I crotchet my own scrubbies for cleaning and doing dishes. I learned how to make them in highschool on one of my grandmothers many craft kicks and I am very thankful to know how to make these. Some perks are they are super cheap to make. we are talking like 6 bucks for like 50 or something maybe 12 if you want two colors but then you just more. Sorry I havent counted out how many you can make someone can do that if they like and let me know. And perk number two you arent cleaning with cemicals. And perk 3 they are save on your nonstick pans were as SOS pads arent. So on to the directions and some picks that I hope help.
So to start you want to get some tulle. I get 3 yards for these and in any color you want. The joys of tulle are its cheap and it comes in almost every color you can think of. So once you have bought your tulle you want to cut it into strips that are about 2inches wide and the 3 yards long. ( I hate cutting tulle to I normally try to sweet talk Justin into cutting it all for me.) As you can see for this one I used red and black tool.
Once you have it all cut you want to roll these strips into balls for no other reason then its easyer to work with. Yes the black ball is smaller but that is because it was rolled tighter. this really shouldnt affect your finished scrubbie.
So now that you have your balls you want to place the two strips together and and make a slip knot. And then place your hook I used a size P hook because you want a big hook for these. and pull it to a midium loose loop around your hook.
This is your knot before you tighten it.
And then you want to chain 3. Once you have those 3 chained you want to go back into the first chain and make a loop.
Once you have your loop you want to chain 3 more and this is your first stitch of your scrubbie. I know you are getting excited now because you are done with the hard part of these and that wasnt all that hard.
Now all you have ahead of you is double crochets and then to finish it. So useing your hole in the center you want to starting doing double sticked over and over again. 
Remember your double stickes have three loops on your hook. Before you start pulling through.
Remember you want these to be thick and fluffy. So as you stich and squish you will go all the way around your loop till you run out of tulle or you just can not get any more stitches on it. Once you are at this point you will then use your first stitch to finish it off and then knot it off. To do this go into your first stitch and grabbing your tale pull it all the way through and pull it tight creating your knot, You can do this as many times as you like to till you are comfertable that the knot will hold.. Cut off any extra and enjoy your new scrubbies. These can go into your dishwasher with your dishes when they get to be to grimie. And when they just are to unraved just toss it in the trash and grab one of your other ones or make more.
I love useing these and I hope you will enjoy them as well .
2 comments:
I am going to have to attempt to make these!!
Very cool!
Post a Comment