Friday, April 2, 2010

Just call me the Clutz

Ok last week,on friday I was walking down our stairs. I wasnt rushing and I wasnt doing anything abnormal while I was walking. And while we do have some things on our stairs, saddly I cant even blame any of those things because they are at the bottom and I fell around the middle. I just took a step wrong sadly and before I knew it my anckle was swisted funny and I was falling. Now I will be the first to say my knees are bad, and so having stopped myself from falling many times when a knee went out I tried to do the same on the stairs.

Good note for anyone out there your knee going out and your anckle twisting make you fall in totally diffent ways.

So in trying to catch myself I accually probally did more to hurt myself than help seeing as my right leg twisted under me in my over corection and I ended up still falling down the stairs but now I was riding on my right foot, Justin said I was using it like the sled from the luge, funny how I didnt find the humor in this idea at the time.
Well when I untwisted my leg and Justin talked me into moving off the stairs as I was bawling my eyes out he got a good look at everything and then said that we would get to make a trip to the ER. Now it was like 12:30 at night and the girls were fast asleep and so I was thinking he was over reacting more then a little but him being the one not bawling and thinking that I might have brocken my new sled he made the call and I was told to deal. So we got the girls up and headed to the ER.
Now I happen to love the hospital close to us and over all the people who work there are great. I do have the odd question for the univers as to why ER's are always freezing? But we got me signed in and then waited thankfully they werent very busy. And then I was taken back all alone because Justin had to stay out with the girls and put behind a little curtain on a bed to wait. By this time I just wanted something for the pain but seeing as I was behind a closed curtain I couldnt really ask for anything. So with out complaining I waited till someone came to get me for X-Rays. Then some more waiting then the Doctor came in and looked it over and said he was just waiting for the X-Rays because at that time of night the he got to read them all and the tec would look them over in the morning to make sure nothing was missed. And so I got some lortab and I got to wait, yay for pain meds.

So after a little bit he came back in to let me know it was a bad sprain and the top of my foot was fine and I would be able to leave soon. I dont know how I rememberd probally from pain but I asked if there was nothing that could be done about toes. He hadnt even looked at my toes.lol. So he did a light sqeeze on my big toe which was fine and then the toe next to it and I practically jumped off the bed, and he was off to look at the X-Rays again. Turns out I was right I had a nice thick line through my toe were I had fractured it and so I got to get a hard souled shoe for that foot and and air cast for the anckle. And so after several hours I was brought back out to Justin and the girls and we went home.

Now having been through all of this I have a few mussings on it.
One: Breaking a toe sucks! If you are going to break anything just break the whole foot. The toe hurts but in all truth they cant do anything for it and just give you something to wear so you dont bend it this does nothing for the top of it and what could happen.
Two: Kids know when and how we hurt and I think they use this info. Ember got mad at me for yelling at her for dumping her milk all over the table so she could play in it, and I made her get down so I could clean it up. Well not liking her fun taken away she quickly walked over to me said mom so I would look at her and then stomped as hard as her little body would allow on my hurt toe.Normally this would have been funny but right now not the case. Now there have been many times my kids have brought me to tears but this was one of the few physical times. So she got a swot on the butt and put down for the nap I was thinking about not making her take.Needless to say she needed and got on after that display.

But over all im healing and hating that they say its going to be 4 to 6 weeks before im back to normal. and I have regained my great distain for crutches. But thankfully I have a great hubby who does so much around here. and with any luck in the next few days I can talk him into letting me ditch the crutches.lol


The Anckle that started it all.LOL
This is my right foot or as justin called it the sled. The cut and swelling and cut were the main reason for the ER trip
This is the pain in the tush toe. and the brusing below it. Since this pic it has truned more black and blue but that means its healing right?
And my oh so sexy foot here. This is and air cast so if you ever hear them say thats what they are giving you for somthing you know what it looks like.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

I am so sorry about your foot! That stinks!!! Hoping it will heal quickly!