Kyra now has a new fav movie. And it was one we wanted to see before we bought it because my little sister Emily had seen it in theators and said it was a little scary. And so like good parents we added it to our Netflix movies and waited. And soon the Princess and the Frog was at our house. I watched it first to make sure it wasnt to bad and then let the girls see it. Well they were both hooked and not even scared by the bad guys. The down side was they wouldnt let us send it back to netflix till we got it for them,but since it had a good message we werent to upset to get it.
Now having watched it more times then I like to admit it got me thinking about the people I really like in Disney movies. And I have to say for the most part I LOVE DISNEY VILLANS. They get the best people to sing and voice them and lets face it the hero is normally kind of a wimp or someone who has to get over their huge flaws to become the hero we all expect. Or the one who you might think is a villian turns out to be the hero we all want.
But let me explain why I happen to love the villian. The villian is ditermand.And while you know that they are going to fail and part of them sees at some point that they are infact going to fail if something major doesnt change in their favor they still press on with the confidance that they are going to win and are even shocked when at the end they have their down fall from this wimpy hero. And then you have to think what made these villians go bad? See Villans have layors. And in the end there down fall or even death is normally pretty cool as they try to talk their way out of paying for their crimes, and why wouldnt they villians are always smooth talkers. And really if we think about it deep down we at some point root for the villian at least a little? I think its because they are the ones who seem the most human because they are flawed like the rest of us.
And so I must stand up and call for Disney to keep up the good work and keep giving us villians we can love even when we know they need to fail because when you think about it how good would a movie be with out an awsome villian?



1 comment:
I'm not sure which villain is my favorite. It's probably a tossup between Scar or Jafar
Post a Comment