Monday, January 19, 2009

To be a Grandma~ Had to share

Ok my mom just said something so great that I needed to get it writen down. She yelled up a hello and I responded with the typical "HI MOM" Well Kyra not really paying attention yelled the same thing down. Now mom stopped and asked Kyra what her name was and Kyra responded "Your Grandma!" Now that alone is cute but my moms response to this was just to great

"Thats right Kyra and I worked really hard to be a grandma."

Now some would say that you just have to have kids who have kids to be a grandma, but really I think it is alot of work, you have to raise your kids putting in all the time money and sleepless nights before you can be a grandparent, what a great payoff for all the work, tears, love you pay in.

2 comments:

Terina said...

TOO cute!

Jac said...

There is NOTHING in the world better than being a Gramma--even an adopted one!!!

Hi you guys!!!! Love that I can see the day-to-day stuff I'm missing!

In the category of cute grandkid things: Caitlin and boys were here in Wisconsin for a full month over Christmas. (For readers: they live in California.) Maybe it was a little too long,...they flew into LaX on a Saturday evening and drove to a Jack-in-the-Box for food. Cole (age 2 1/2) got out of the car, looked down and asked, "Is it slippery?!?"

The day before he left, he crawled into my lap and said "I'm not ready to leave you yet, Gramma Jac." so no, it wasn't too long!!

Morgen is growing too--tho' he's more "delicate" (bad word for a boy!) than Cole was. He was born mid-October.

Kisses to the girls!

Gramma Jac

I'm showing up as Jac--I typed in Gramma Jac--oh well!