
As I was sitting back over the last couple of days and watching the girls I have been thinking more and more how kids tend to grow like little weeds. Sometimes I swear that I blink and I have missed a month of time , even though I haven't. And as a side why is it that we always say our kids are growing like weeds? Why not flowers or veggies? Maybe its because those things seem to take forever to grow and we wait day after day and for it to happen. But still we are always trying to get rid of weeds, we pull them and do everything we can to keep them out of our lives, so I'm thinking we should all just have flowers with miracle grow on them after all kids will keep growing, way to fast for my taste thanks Jen for helping with that one.lol, But they will grow and become the Kings and Queens of the lord. And what special little spirits we all have to be born into such a trying day and age, maybe that's why I would like to remove the miracle grow and just keep them sweet and as untouched by the wickedness of the world as they are now. But I'm off topic,LOL.

So back to the blooming Flowers in the house and what they are doing...

Ember in the last couple of weeks has mastered crawling. Now like most moms, I would say all but I don't know, But like most I sat there on the floor encouraging her to crawl and get those little legs moving as she would rock back and forth on all fours and then sit up in frustration. And in all truth now I'm wondering why I was so excited for this time in her life. Now I know she would have started to crawl even with out me on the floor with her, and at least it was another way I could encourage her to grow and learn, but now as I have a child that reminds me more of the mouse speedy Gonzales from the old cartoons, then the sweet baby who loved to cuddle and I'm remembering how crazy this time can be.
She is in to everything and like most kids her age she has to put everything in her mouth. From the TV remotes, if they are left anywhere she might be able to reach while sitting down with what I like to call the incredible baby reach, I swear their arms grow to what they need and then shrink back to normal. To the Kleenex box, any and all toys, and the list just keeps going. And she loves it all, and I think part of the fun is seeing how fast mom can get to her to take whatever it is away from her.
As well as crawling we are now 100% sure she has spoken her first word much to her daddies dismay. There were a couple of times we weren't sure but yesterday there could be no doubt, and while I didn't hear, I can trust Justin because he was kind of grumpy since he has been trying to get her to say Dada for a couple of weeks now. And the first word is..... Mama.
It was what we were thinking it was going to be a few days ago when we thought we heard it in with a lot of other baby babbling. Well yesterday I got to get up early and get Kyra over to the Doctors to have her TB test read, dont ask me why a 3 year old would need a TB test, and must have woken up Ember as I was getting dressed.
Well I guess as soon as I left the room to get Kyra ready she wasn't to sure about getting left behind and started to say in a loud voice mama ma ma ma mama mama over and over waking up Justin who hoped she would just go back to bed. Well when I didn't come back in for her, the calling out for Mom turned into crying and screaming and so I left Justin with a very upset baby who just wanted mom. And while I was sorry that I left him with such a grumpy kiddo, its nice to know her first word was calling out for Mommy, even if I didn't hear her. And as of yesterday she is trying to pull herself up onto things, Like I said before Miracle grow!
Kyra on the other hand is loving her sister getting more active and getting to play with her. She has always been helpful with Ember, Sometimes a little to helpful making Mommy and Ember both crazy. But she loved to put diapers in the trash for me and get her sister toys to chew on. And before her bed had to be lowered Kyra was great at getting binks when her sister was being weepy. Well now that Ember is mobile she is the greatest play thing Kyra could ask for. She will let Ember crawl into her room and they will play for long spans together. Many times I have heard things like ...
"Ember Lee we don't eat the cup we drink our tea out of it!"
"Ember you can wear this crown and I will wear this one, there now we are both pretty."
And "OK these are your little people and these are mine, I think they should go to..." school, a party, or were ever Kyra is sending them.
And these are just a few things I have heard while standing outside the door were I can not be seen since they tend to stop if they catch me peeking. But I guess its a good thing we gave her a little sister since she likes to dress Ember up. And like any good little sister when she has had enough Ember will crawl from the room at warp speed and whimpering all the way to were ever I am no matter what I'm doing (this morning it was writing this) and will sit and whimper till she is picked up and she has felt she has told on her sister enough. I'm sure I wont find the tattling so cute in a year or two, lol, But for now its still cute.

She is in to everything and like most kids her age she has to put everything in her mouth. From the TV remotes, if they are left anywhere she might be able to reach while sitting down with what I like to call the incredible baby reach, I swear their arms grow to what they need and then shrink back to normal. To the Kleenex box, any and all toys, and the list just keeps going. And she loves it all, and I think part of the fun is seeing how fast mom can get to her to take whatever it is away from her.
As well as crawling we are now 100% sure she has spoken her first word much to her daddies dismay. There were a couple of times we weren't sure but yesterday there could be no doubt, and while I didn't hear, I can trust Justin because he was kind of grumpy since he has been trying to get her to say Dada for a couple of weeks now. And the first word is..... Mama.
It was what we were thinking it was going to be a few days ago when we thought we heard it in with a lot of other baby babbling. Well yesterday I got to get up early and get Kyra over to the Doctors to have her TB test read, dont ask me why a 3 year old would need a TB test, and must have woken up Ember as I was getting dressed.
Well I guess as soon as I left the room to get Kyra ready she wasn't to sure about getting left behind and started to say in a loud voice mama ma ma ma mama mama over and over waking up Justin who hoped she would just go back to bed. Well when I didn't come back in for her, the calling out for Mom turned into crying and screaming and so I left Justin with a very upset baby who just wanted mom. And while I was sorry that I left him with such a grumpy kiddo, its nice to know her first word was calling out for Mommy, even if I didn't hear her. And as of yesterday she is trying to pull herself up onto things, Like I said before Miracle grow!
Kyra on the other hand is loving her sister getting more active and getting to play with her. She has always been helpful with Ember, Sometimes a little to helpful making Mommy and Ember both crazy. But she loved to put diapers in the trash for me and get her sister toys to chew on. And before her bed had to be lowered Kyra was great at getting binks when her sister was being weepy. Well now that Ember is mobile she is the greatest play thing Kyra could ask for. She will let Ember crawl into her room and they will play for long spans together. Many times I have heard things like ...
"Ember Lee we don't eat the cup we drink our tea out of it!"
"Ember you can wear this crown and I will wear this one, there now we are both pretty."
And "OK these are your little people and these are mine, I think they should go to..." school, a party, or were ever Kyra is sending them.
And these are just a few things I have heard while standing outside the door were I can not be seen since they tend to stop if they catch me peeking. But I guess its a good thing we gave her a little sister since she likes to dress Ember up. And like any good little sister when she has had enough Ember will crawl from the room at warp speed and whimpering all the way to were ever I am no matter what I'm doing (this morning it was writing this) and will sit and whimper till she is picked up and she has felt she has told on her sister enough. I'm sure I wont find the tattling so cute in a year or two, lol, But for now its still cute.

And what is Kyra doing when she isn't treating her sister like a large doll? Well lots she is 3, I swear she doesn't stop moving even in her sleep. We are making leaps and bounds with the potty training, and she is only wearing a diaper at night to go to bed, we still have accidents every now and then but over all she is doing great and is such a big girl. And I guess its a good thing she is so tall because she doesn't like to use to stool to get on to the toilet she just pulls down her pants and hops right up. We are working on our ABC's but she just doesn't seem to care about them and gets tired of mom trying to get her to say them and to count to 10, but I know she needs to know them so we keep at it. I just don't see how a kid who can sing almost every word to songs she hears 2 or 3 times on the radio cant get the ABC song. I think she just does it to make mommy crazy. Oh well one of these days she will do it and I just have to have that patience thing,lol.
1 comment:
SO cute! How great to record all these things now so you will remember them later! Kids do grow so fast! It's hard to believe that in a blink of an eye they are grown and learning so many things!
Post a Comment