Ok I didn't run though all of that as a pity party for you all to feel bad, I did say it as the long way to get around to saying sleep hasn't been happening a whole lot around here. But I'm lucky I have a husband who when he can, thank goodness he work such a late shift, will let me get a couple hours of sleep before he heads off to work so I'm at least a little rested.
So after a bad night of very little sleep and then Ember letting me know at 6 am that all other attempts to sleep will be crushed with screams that will induce ear bleeding because she wants to be held, yes I know a lot of people are up at 6. but after being up at 12, and 2 and 4, 6 am and me weren't seeing eye to eye today. So we got up to hang out in the living room and with any luck avoid all such screams. And hey it gives me a chance to check blogs right?
Well at about 8 Kyra woke up and came out to play with her sister. Now I could check blogs with out having to juggle someone on my lap. And in the middle of a very good friends blog I have to get up because Kyra doesn't know yet that while a napkin is a very good doll bed to her, Ember sees it as something else to eat. So avoiding two upset girls I get Kyra something else for a doll bed and Ember a toy to chew on, thank goodness the grandparents got her the big blocks to chew on she likes the squeak. and with happy girls again I start to turn when I notice something on Embers head. Its a small yellow clip.
Now Justin's sister Stephine got Kyra a unicorn my little pony for Christmas that she loves, and as with most of those it came with little clips for the mane and tail. And it was one of these clips that was attached to her little sisters hair.
"Kyra did you do Embers hair for mommy this morning?" I ask me three year old who isn't really paying attention to me.
"Ya she wanted to look pretty like my ponies mommy." she responded before going back to her game.
Well I had to grab the camera and did in time for Ember to pull the clip from her hair. Lucky for me Kyra was watching her do this and quickly took it from her telling her that she shouldn't take out her pretty hair. So I had the camera in hand as she put it back.
She was trying not to look at me as she put it back in but this is a girl who loves the camera.
Like her sister Ember would rather look at mommy and the thing that flashes light in her eyes. If you look you can see how tired she is, now if she would just realise it.lol.
And here you can see how pretty the clip is. It didn't stay long and I helped Kyra put it back in her pony's hair. But its little things like this that make me smile and remind me why I became a mom when I start to question it. And im sure someday I will sleep again.
3 comments:
Being sleep deprived is one of the hardest things about being a mom. Poor little Ember. Your right, teething is the worst. I hope you all feel better soon.
Ha ha too cute!!! Good luck getting better. Lots of clear liquids and rest when ever possible!!!!!
Hey! It's me--Rachel (Hiatt)
I just saw on your facebook profile that you have a BLOG! HOORAY! I love, love blogging. So, of course I had t check it out.
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY you have! I still can't believe it because I was your BABYSITTER--and it seems really weird to think I am getting so old. :)How fun!
I hope we can keep in touch. How fun to have found you guys again! If you want to check my blog, it is www.brholloway.blogspost.com
Post a Comment