Monday, November 5, 2012

To Early to be Teaching...

I know funny title, but its what sounded perfect to start out this post about how my sweet little Kaylee Jo is already teaching me things that I have 1. Forgotten because lets face it if we remembered everything about being pregnant and labor there would not be the amount of kids on this planet that we have now or 2. Things that I didn't have to deal with when it came to Kyra and Ember.

Today's big lesson... I am one of those people who lock their knees while standing at the sink doing dishes. Normally not an issue, but when 7 months pregnant this can be enough to one make for a very unhappy and wiggly baby and make one mommy very light headed.

So how do you deal with this issue since sadly leaving them in the sink or spending the last 3 months of my pregnancy eating on and out of and off of only plastic things is one not good for the planet and two just not a good idea, I took the time to ask my doctor what I could do.

I bet you will never guess what I was told... thats right she told me to sit down when I started getting light headed. Who would have guessed, and why didnt I think of that. Oh no wait I did and have, I just tend to wait a little to long to do the sitting part. I know you have all been there, that moment when you are sure you can get that one or two more things done before you HAVE to sit down and rest.

Now you might be asking yourself how this is my unborn child teaching me anything? Well she is teaching me not to push it unless I want to spend a whole day in bed and unable to do anything, no matter the pace that Im going. If I ignore her wiggles of protest or my body trying to get me to listen to its self I know I will feel it the next day as my blood pressure will shoot through the roof and I will get to have those ever fun braxton hicks contractions. So today the lesson is that no one dish or vacuumed room or load of laundry is worth pushing things so that I am then in pain or having to watch my very very amazing wonderful husband have to do the things I cant on top of everything he already does for me and our family.

Now I just have to remember all of this as we get into the holiday season and I want to spend 3 hours standing over a boiling pot of caramel because it sounds super yummy. Chances are good I will have forgotten, Funny how that seems to be the case.lol. 

No comments: