Friday, June 12, 2009

Cant really call it a 12x12

So I know the idea of this is 12 picture on the 12th of the month. But seeing as its been so long since I have done any blogging I though I would do more then 12 and actually start off with a couple of the pictures we took of the girls for Easter. So sorry there are so many pictures but I hope you enjoy this little look into our everyday lives.



This picture of Kyra is one both Justin and I believe to be the best one of her ever taken, She loves to be in front of the camera but she is at that great age were her smiles aren't always great because she loves the cheesy smiles, But this one is worth keeping I think And you can see how Red her hair is!



Not to be out done by her big sister Ember is a ham in front of the camera and with those teeth coming in her smile just keeps getting cuter and cuter. And again with the hair, who would have guessed my kids hair would be that red.lol.




This is Grandma's fave because you can tell Ember was reaching for her sister's flower when she was busted and grinning ear to ear because of it. Kyra on the other hand was kind of ready to be done.




Ok so this is the beginning of the pictures for the 12th. And I am reminded how much I like doing this because it is the only day that I seem to always have the camera within arms reach at all times so I don't find myself wishing I had camera when the girls do something.



This is Kyra in her extra cushy seat. She has started making the sofa pillows into like a little chair on the sofa so she can relax during her shows she gets to watch.




If it was a pinkie I would think we had been watching to many movies but no this is a normal look for Ember these days if she doesn't have a Bink in her mouth. I don't know if she likes the feel of her new teeth or she is putting pressure on her gums. We are now up to 6 teeth though.



Ok now before someone starts questioning Kyra's chore list, this isn't one of them and all chemicals are safely locked up and out of reach. But for some reason the kid likes to scrub the toilets. She watches me do it on my cleaning rounds, and then at odd times I will catch her in the bathroom scrubbing away. Hope it keeps up when she is a teen.



Ember hating that mom keeps the stairs blocked off. She loves to go up and down them while scaring me to death now, Finds ways to entertain herself while mom is doing other things like cooking or house work or lately working with Kyra on her letters.



This is how the table looks till dinner time everyday. We still haven't sprung for a real table yet because we just cant see spending 200 or more on one, so this makes due and Kyra will have a great work station when we do finally get a nice wood one.



Normally I do the healthy meal for the girls with the meat and potato kind of dishes, but every now and then I let Kyra talk me into doing something like pancakes and eggs for dinner.



Kyra loves to help cook dinner and as long as it doesn't mean she is by anything hot then I let her. She likes to help with the mixing and since the skillet doesn't take long to heat up, I can wait to even plug it in to the wall till she is done and out of the way. That way she still gets to cook with mommy, and mommy isn't stressing her getting burned.



When Kyra is helping in the kitchen you are bound to find Ember some were close wondering what her big sister is doing. And wanting to do it too. But she is still to little and Kyra loves to be able to tell her that she has to wait till she is bigger.



The spoils of our work. Kyra loves to tell me how good of a cook she is and I have to agree these were good pancakes.



After something as messy as this for dinner it is bath time and when its an off bath night they can have a bubble bath. Ember still isn't to sure about it but Kyra loves when she gets to have one.



Ember is getting really good at splashing as her big sister got to find out tonight,



We had to toss out most of our ducks, But we made sure to keep the ones I was sure wouldn't mold because they don't have a way for the water to get inside. I'm sure you can understand why I would be worried about mold with this one.lol.



Kyra said that Ember needed a bubble crown because they were princesses, I love the look on Embers face.


Look at that concentration. And her own beautiful crown of bubbles.



Ember loves her bath time and when her hair is wet it actually curls. Maybe she will have curly hair when she gets older like her mommy. I think it will depend on were we are living.


This was one of those moments that I was glad to have the camera, Ember loves to play peek-a-boo even if she is the only one who knows a game is going on, and because its the 12 I just happened to walk back into the room after getting her Jammie's and see her playing with her towel. And as proof she is getting to big, she can get off our bed with out a problem now. Thank goodness she was having to much fun with the towel or I would have had a streaker on my hands.



She loves to climb up and hold onto our head board and dance as best her 11 months can do. Should I be worried if she finds a pole later? After all this is Vegas.



Couldn't help but toss this one in. I love that face.



Ok yesterday I made a bad joke to Justin and today I got the picture to prove it even if it was a really bad joke. Ember likes to have all her Bink's in her bed when she goes to sleep. Now I'm not complaining she could be a kid who will only take one Bink, but there are times it gets a little silly. And so I told Justin instead of a two fisted drinker, we have a two fisted binker on our hands. Again I know bad but I swear she has more then 6 binks in her bed. (some binks not shown in photo because she was laying on them)



One thing we never miss is saying our prayers and Kyra is just starting to kneel by her bed to say them. She doesn't like to have any help anymore. And its so interesting to hear the things kids will say their prayers for. She stayed on her knees after for the picture just for mommy.



Ok I know cute picture of my little monkey but I tossed in this one for a reason. What you cant tell is that its a Unicorn she is holding and its a music box that plays some were over the rainbow. I got it from my mom when I was in my teens because I loved it when I was little. And my mom doesn't remember were she got it. But its being passed down and Kyra wont sleep with out it singing her to sleep. (Grandma Cronin if you know the story of were mom got it I would love to know)



And to end a couple pictures for mommy. I know I need to paint it but I'm so happy. Justin looking at how much ribbon I own made me this cool holder. The dowels holding the three rows are easy to pull off when I need to change something. The sad thing is this didn't hold it all.LOL



And last I got to do something out of my comfort zone and make an altered frame. the paper is torn and decoupaged on and then the other things added. It was for a Secret sister thing I was doing and I just got it in the mail so I don't know if she will like it but I hope she does.


4 comments:

Kate said...

Your girls are so cute! And gorgeous red hair! Maybe someday we'll have to hook up Ember with my little redhead. ;) j/k Very cute pics. PS - thanks for the suggestion for a "trade off" but I actually have a friend 2 min from here that wants to do it too. Thanks for thinking of me though!

Warren Bunch said...

Oooh, multiple comments... Ember's hair will be curly cause we have lots of humidity here in Kansas. Which will work great, with Kyra's love of "over the rainbow", since we are here in OZ! Love the pics of bathtime! Stealing the ribbon storage idea... Laughed my patootie off at the pinks of the double-fisted binker! (Oh you should have known, i SO get your humor!)

Sarah said...

Your girls are both so gorgeous! I love all of the pictures of them. They have such cute personalities. And I also love that ribbon holder. What a good idea. I'm so glad you are doing the 12 X 12's with me.

Terina said...

Oh my gooness your girls are so beautiful! Ember is stunning! And why in the world does one woman need so much ribbon?????