Well Im getting to write this while sitting on the sofa mainly because moving off it is easier said then done. I was rushing to put something away and then get Ember up from her nap because she was starting to fuss and hit some water that was spilt by the said cutie. And so all of a sudden I found myself unable to stand and get up the stairs to Ember because my knee just refused to work.
While sitting there trying to figure out what I was going to do Kyra came up to me and taking my hand and said "Mommy Ember is awake im going to take you up stairs now."
I had to tell her mommy would have to stay downstairs for a while and maybe she could go keep her sister happy for a little bit and she promptly went up the stairs to sing to Ember while I got on the phone. Not knowing if I could get a hold of Justin I called my parents, and then not knowing if they could make it over tried Justin. Got a hold of him and he said he would see if he could head home. But that he would call. My mom then called back worried about the girls and me and said my dad was on the way just in case. I then got a call from my husband saying he was on his way and so all I had to do was wait, because someone was coming to my rescues and thank goodness Kyra does know how to unlock the front door. That would be why we have a door chime on it so I know when its opened. So she unlocked the door for me and then went back to the stair, she then looked back at me with a questioning look I swear only a 3 year old can do and asked why I was still sitting on the floor.
I told her mommy was hurt and that was why I was still sitting there and not going upstairs to get Ember. And so with the most honest sweet face I think I have ever seen she walked down the 2 stairs she had gone up and came to take my hand and said.
"Its ok Mommy I will take you up the stairs I have big muscles and you give me healthy food so I can pick you up, come on we will go get Ember together."
I could have cried at how sweet and caring she was, instead I just gave her a big hug and told her the best way to help mommy would be just to go sing to Ember and play with her so she didnt get scared that mommy wasnt coming up, and that grandpa or daddy would be there soon and then it would be ok. And so with another hug she went and soon after Justin pulled in having driven far to fast. And soon after him my dad. Who came in to make sure we had things in hand hugged the girls and then left to go do more homework.
And so now even though im in pain I am sitting here so thankful for A caring Husband who rushed home to make sure we really were ok and his wife wasnt just putting on a brave face. My parents who were willing to drive over to help. And to my sweet little Kyra, I could not ask for better if I tried ever on the days when she makes me kind of crazy.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is too cute!!! Glad you are feeling better!
Post a Comment