Thursday, March 12, 2009

Time for a 12x12

I know I have been very bad about blogging not that I was ever really on top of it. But as things are starting to setting down around here and we are finally getting settled ourselves I can hope to be doing more blogs. But I am getting my 12x12 done on the day this time. Hope you enjoy another day in our life. And I promise when the house is clean I will blog about that :)


Its nothing like at Grandma and Grandpa's but we do have a small area for the girls to play in the back. After getting over the fear, Kyra sat and watched some little black ants hurry around on the patio.

We got one of the balls that we actually made the move with and went out to get some vitamin D got to love the smile as she launched the ball at mommy

A picture of my Kick Ball Queen. She loves to just kick a ball and such a pro she doesn't let her little mermaid doll slow her down at all.

Since we have moved in we have actually roasted two different turkey breasts. Who says you have to wait for thanksgiving to have turkey that you make yourself? And as always my weakness have to have that Dr. Pepper.lol

If I sit down for two long I will always find a Kyra in my lap. Since she was little she has loved to have mommy scratch her back, and will allow Grandma to step in from time to time when we lived there. But this is one of my favorite times and one of hers. Getting to sit and scratch her back while we talk.And who knows how long she will do this I will take it while I can.

I am so thankful that for the most part Ember wakes up from her naps happy. There is nothing that can warm your heart more then to see a smile that makes you feel like the most important person in the world.

Even though I'm really bad about doing it myself I am trying to teach Kyra to make her bed when she cleans her room. I love how she holds the ends of the blankets and then will toss it and her whole body on to the bed so that she makes sure it gets all the way on.

She may not be able to actually read the words yet but she loved to look at the pictures and make up her own as her sister sits and listens, normally with some kind of toy in her mouth to naw on.

Yep she is getting better and better at standing up and only needing to hold on for a little balance. Don't mind the lack of clothing, she just hasn't been in the mood and screams when we try to dress her. And what the heck it isn't hurting anything and she is happy might as well let her be young.

Who needs American Idol? I don't I have my own in the house. I can always hear Kyra singing through out the house and the girl can project. So maybe it was a little crazy to get her a key board that came with a mic to help it out. But I love to hear Kyra originals filling the house.

She loves to help out and so here she in moving a box of diapers from her room were her sister was getting into them to mommies room were they will be safe. And you have to love that Ember is close on her heals as she leaves the room, already wanting to follow her sister any were.

And last of all My space. Its still getting put together but its so nice to have some of my scrapping stuff unpacked and in place. Maybe one of these days my desk will be cleared enough to actually do a layout on it.

6 comments:

clara balsmeier said...

Hey, thanks for access to the blog. You can check ours out at www.balsmeier.blogspot.com You guys are lucky to have your own place again...I am waiting patiently-or maybe not so patiently.

Terina said...

12X12 Cute idea! Your girls are so cute!!!

Sarah said...

Kalena I had no idea you had a Dr. Pepper weakness just like I do! What a good big sister Kyra is. It's so wonderful that she will still cuddle with you. We definitely have to enjoy it while we can. I love your new scrapbooking spot.

Cherie said...

Thanks for queing in up with this!
And yes the girls are adorable!!! What can I say, must run in the family ;)

Warren Bunch said...

Oh, Kalena, your girls are gonna keep you two busy when they get older... I mean, not that they don't know, but just think of all the boys that will be trying to hang around later!!! ;D

Warren Bunch said...

Eh, I meant now, not know... Apparently I can't type today!!!